Snippets from Science

Monday, October 09, 2006

I never get the one I want anyway

A good weekend. Exactly what I needed! Things have been so busy lately, working/rehearsing/living; it's been a while since I've had an entire weekend of fun planned.
Friday night, I reunited with WVU friends. A lot of my classmates from undergrad live here, and a few of us get together from time to time, but we all felt the need to have one big night together. We had dinner, went out for drinks, and spent the night laughing about stupid things we did on choir trips and at parties. It was a great time. We even saw Dave Atell at the bar.
Saturday, I did my farmer's marketing and gymming, grocery shopping, then headed to Carnegie Hall to see Thomas Quasthoff with the Cleveland Orchestra. After he tore up some Mozart, he came back out and sang "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot"- complete with a high b flat and low 3 flat. Amazing. Simply amazing. After intermission, Cleveland played Bruckner 5. A long symphony, but awesome. Lots of brass, lots of goodness.
Yesterday after church, I made some pumpkin chili- tis the season- then headed to the movies where Bucket and I saw Science of Sleep.SO good. I recommend it. Although it was a bit sad, it's totally worth it. Plus Gael Garcia Bernal is hottttttttt as usual. You get to see his butt.
After the movie, we headed down to the Knitting Factory, where my friends Brian and Soren were playing a show. It was my first time at the Knitting Factory- it sort of reminded me of a haunted house. There are 3 different stages, and it's very dark. Lots of staircases and just general haunted houseness. At any rate, they totally rocked the joint in front of a decent-sized crowd. Brian even gave a shoutout to Boccismo!. (Our first game is tonight).
Now it's back to business. Even though our building is technically closed today, my work is piling up so I best get to it. Oh yeah, and Viva Boccismo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home