Snippets from Science

Thursday, September 21, 2006

The great shoe debate

I need some new running shoes. Now, I've been wearing the same brand/make/model for the past few years- Brooks Addiction. They are wonderful shoes, and are made for people with flat feet. So what's the issue?
They are a TAD boxy. Not that looks matter all that much in a running shoe, but I also feel like something a bit more slender may aid in my stride. However, I'm not sure a different make or even different brand would provide me with the same level of support, ya dig?
In telling my friend Soren of my problem (and let's face it people- this is serious stuff), he reminded me of the time he had to buy a new pair of earphones for his Ipod, and I quote: " known as earbuds to total fucking assholes who also use the terms "tall," grande," and "venti". " He attempted to buy the EXACT same pair of earphones, but Apple did not have them in stock. So he had to buy a different pair and as he ripped open the package, throwing the wrapping away (foolish), he discovered the cord was too short. After realizing he couldn't keep the Ipod in his pants pocket, he (ironically) snagged the cord near Starbucks on his way to work, and being that he threw away the packaging, he could not return them. Useless.
So, he told me "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." I guess he should have just waited until Apple got his preferred "earbuds" in stock. And I guess I'll stick with Brooks.

2 Comments:

  • If you go to a running-specific store and tell them your problem, the associate should be able to recommend a few pairs of shoes (assuming they're not completely incompetent). Just pick the pair that feels best.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:09 AM  

  • I've actually done that- hence the Brooks!! Thanks for the tip, though.

    By Blogger Hilary, at 8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home