Snippets from Science

Friday, September 29, 2006

Gettin' my hair did

Haircuts here cost twice as much as they did in Baltimore- which was also twice as much as they cost in West Virginia. Sure, it makes sense...kind of. This is the most expensive city in the United States, so for inflation reasons, I get it. But honestly- I don't have much hair. A cut for me is really just a trim- MAYBE an inch. I know it's not exactly fair to charge by the inch, but it's just a bit excessive. I digress.
Knowing that I need a hair cut next month, and I won't be able to visit Baltimore for said cut, I'm saving up now. I also desperately need some color- the tired, summer blonde that has grown out looks awful and does nothing for my skin tone. So, for the first time ever, I bought hair dye. Do-it-yourself-in-the-tub hair dye. I've always had my hair professionally colored, so you must understand- this was a big step.
I got home and promptly asked Robert if he would help me, and as it turns out, he's an old pro. Putting on his "salon quality colorist gloves", he set to work on my head, and after the 25 minutes were up, we rinsed my scalp to reveal quite a nice dye job! It looks very natural- albeit a bit dark at first, but that always happens with my hair. Think anyone has noticed? Nope. Not one person. Kind of like when I got my new glasses- the only people to notice them were my roommates, and the lady who works in my building's cafeteria.
I wonder what kind of reaction I would get if I shaved my head and wore assless chaps: "Hilary, is that a new shirt?"

2 Comments:

  • i tried that. all i got was fired.

    By Blogger Robert, at 8:56 PM  

  • having short hair that needs to be cut every 5 weeks is killing me too

    By Blogger Ratface, at 12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home