Snippets from Science

Monday, October 16, 2006

New York Debut

I spent the better part of the weekend rehearsing for what I like to call my "New York Debut"- a solo that lasts just a little over a minute. Baby steps, people; baby steps.

This performance completes my ringer stance with Trinity Wall St. choir..at least for now. I'm hoping they ask me back for future concerts (AKA, The Messiah), but for now, I'm glad it's coming to an end. It's really an amazing choir- superb musicianship, glorious sound, and discipline. Everything one wants in a performance situation. Unfortunately, it's also quite a commitment. I'm fairly certain that most of the choir members don't have 9-5 day jobs, so flexibility is not as much of an issue for them. While the money and experience is great, I'd rather keep my schedule a bit more open right now for auditions, lessons, coachings, and getting home before 10 PM.

At any rate, it's going to be a good concert. It's nice to feel like a singer again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home