Snippets from Science

Monday, October 16, 2006

Breakin' Off

In addition to the two nails I broke today, it seems my shoe wardrobe is in need of a tuneup. Now, unlike most women, I don't own a ton of shoes. I used to, but since I really don't have room for much of anything in my bedroom, I weeded big time before moving here. I do still have a few random pairs that match gowns, but besides that, I wear all of my shoes regularly. Needless to say, they need to be repaired or replaced more often.

The first disappointment is with my black boots. I LOVE these boots. I got them 2 years ago, and I wear them nearly every day in the fall and winter. They are the perfect height, look great with skirts and pants alike, and have a rubber sole. I had them re-tipped last month, but ever since I started wearing them daily, I've noticed the heels a'wobblin'. I feel like one (or both!) could break at any minute, which causes me to clench when I'm walking, which is probably why I feel like I sprained my ankle. Ouch.

The second disappointment are my black stilettos. I've had these buggers for 4 years now: re-tipped only once, they are the quintessential woman's shoe and every lady should have a pair in her closet. Pointy and fabulous, they started out as just "audition shoes", but quickly turned into "going out shoes" and have been worn in every season and every type of weather. I guess it should come as no surprise that now THOSE heels are feeling wobbly as well, and I really will sprain my ankle if one of them breaks.

And last, but certainly not least, are my black Diesels. Admittedly, they are not the best made shoes. I usually get a new pair every year. I've had my yellow Diesels for 2 years now, and they are holding up just fine. But being that they are yellow, I don't wear them every day. The black ones are more of a staple. And now they are bascially rubbed raw on the inside, which is giving me a little blister on my heel.

In short (or not so short), I need some new shoes. Normally, I would be estatic about buying new pairs of shoes. But mama don't really have the funds fo' all this at once. Not to mention the fact that I'm dying to get the perfect pair of brown boots- dressy, yet casual; not too much of a heel; looks good under or over jeans. What's a girl to do?

2 Comments:

  • Can you have them reheeled as well? I had the heels on my good black boots replaced once and it extended them another year.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:42 AM  

  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYnn51C3X_w

    By Blogger Robert, at 6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home