Snippets from Science

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

For all that is cute

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Pretty freakin' adorable, right? Anything little that fits on babies and/or small animals is amazingly cute. And since there are three babies coming into my life (what is in the water, seriously), I have lapsed into cuteness overload. Last weekend, I picked up a Puma tracksuit for my cousin's upcoming daughter, and a little Christmas jumper for my best friend's upcoming son. (I know the kid is gonna be 9 months old by the time he gets to wear the thing, but seriously- if you saw the degree of red-and-white striped Christmas footies, you would have bought it too.)As soon as I figure out if I will have a niece or a nephew, it's REALLY on. Now, I've decided I'm going to learn how to knit (thanks to Nikki), and my first project is baby booties.

I have absolutely no idea about knitting, but Nikki assures me that learning to do the booties is not difficult. Also, it's a bit more cost effective than making a blanket. But have no fear- after the booties will come stuffed animals, sweaters, hats, and blankets. I'm going to be the aunt who sends hand-made gifts every Christmas that are kindly tossed aside for the latest video games. Damn kids.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home