Snippets from Science

Monday, November 06, 2006

Thanks but no thanks

Rejection letters are always great, aren't they? It's interesting to see the different templates used by companies. Some come to your inbox, some to your mail box, and some not at all.
I must say, in all my years of being rejected, I received what I thought was one of the nicest letters from Santa Fe. Of course, I didn't have any expectations of getting in to this program- it's highly, highly competitive. Not to mention the fact that I was sick for my audition. Anyway, this is what they sent me:


Thank you for auditioning for The Santa Fe Opera Apprentice Singer Program.

At this time we are unable to offer you an engagement for the 2007 Season, but we would be pleased to hear you again next year.

If you wish to audition for the 2008 Season, please visit our website at www.santafeopera.org starting next August. Applications will be due at the end of September 2007 for the 2008 Program.


Sweet! As Ryan pointed out, I think Santa Fe has 2 different rejection letters- the one I got a few years ago basically saying "Thanks. Bub-Bye." and this one, saying "please audition again". I take this as a step in the right direction. Maybe the next time around, I'll make the call back list!

1 Comments:

  • fuck 'em!
    but, another point in their favor - online applications! i wish they all were. it's SO much easier!

    By Blogger chiquita yellow gold, at 10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home