Snippets from Science

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Turkey Countdown, Day 2

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Pumpkin soup. It's very easy to make, and has something like 70 calories. At the Ryon household, pumpkin soup was not always a Thanksgiving staple. I know as a kid I wouldn't have given this a second look, but now- I love it. I make it often in the fall and winter, and I look forward to it as the first course of our Thanksgiving dinner. Last year, I pumpkin apple soup. The year before that, my brother made curried pumpkin soup. I think this year, I'll try "spiked" pumpkin soup, with a hint of bourbon. Mmmmmm. Fall-y.



1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin (not pie filling)
1 1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 cup lowfat milk
1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 bay leaves
Salt and ground black pepper
Fresh sage leaves

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home