Snippets from Science

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Don't forget to trash the seeds

My dear friend Lauren lives in England, where American Thanksgiving is apparently something of a...mystery.


Lauren: one of the patients brought us a pumpkin from our allotment. Somebody carved it, and it was sitting on the counter. I opened the fridge and asked after a while- what is that stuff in the tupperware? (so I had to explain what tupperware meant, of course that didn't go well) then they were all like, oh, i'ts pumpkin insides.
I was like, "neat".
So, they hinted around for a few minutes about american thanksgiving and turkey and pumpking pie.
and then they asked if they gave me the insides, would I make a pie?
I, of course, started laughing.
And we went over the pie in the tin thing.
me: hahhahaahahah


Oh you Brits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home