Snippets from Science

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Merry Christmas!

To one and all. I don't think I have any Jewish readers, but if I do, Happy Hannukah!
Today was one of the nicest Christmases I've had in a while. After a Loooonnnggg night of singing, and hardly any voice left, I slipped into my Tylenol PM-induced slumber and enjoyed a nice 9 hour winter's nap. I awoke this morning to the smell of quiche baking, and coffee perking. Yum.
We opened our gifts (one at a time, from youngest to oldest as our tradition stands), and I really got some great stuff. I do miss the pomp and circumstance that went along with Christmas morning as a child, but a cup of coffee and a plate of cookies does nicely.
The rest of my family took naps- I just watched Christmas movies on the Hallmark Channel, while playing with my new dog (pics to follow). Then we enjoyed a wonderful dinner, and are preparing to watch a movie.
My family might drive me crazy, but on this day every year, I embrace that insanity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home