Snippets from Science

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Top 10

OK...here it is. My version of Top 10. To quote my friend Bucket, 'I'm not a hip British rock magazine or anything', but these are my favorite releases of 2005. And one of 2004. I have to admit, I haven't spent forever thinking about this list. So I might be forgetting about an album or 2, but this is what I got as of now. If you don't know the artists, consider this a recommendation. All of these albums kick ass.

10. Stars- Set Yourself on Fire
9. My Morning Jacket- Z
8. Bright Eyes- I'm Wide Awake, it's Morning
7. Nine Inch Nails- With Teeth
6. Beck- Guero
5. The Decemberists- Picaresque
4. LCD Soundsystem- LCD Soundsystem
3. Sufjan Stevens- C'mon Feel the Illinoise
2. (This is 2004, but it's so good I'm keeping it on here) The Arcade Fire- Funeral
1. Bloc Party- Silent Alarm

4 Comments:

  • mmm, maybe i'll make my own top ten...

    By Blogger Robert, at 7:07 AM  

  • oooh now i know what CDs to get.

    thank god. now there's someone else's musical taste that i can copy other than Robert's. :D

    By Blogger George Lam, at 10:28 AM  

  • Haha. Of course, George. I think you will like the choices.

    By Blogger Hilary, at 11:03 AM  

  • i hate connor oberst because his voice is almost as shaky as johnny cash's

    By Blogger Ratface, at 6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home