Snippets from Science

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Boo Hiss, That's Life

Well, I got my rejection letter from Ohio Light Opera today...only one chance left, and that's with Cincinnatti Opera. Something tells me I'll be in NYC all summer...

Things could be worse, of course. I only chose to apply for summer program auditions this year, and was only granted a handful of auditions at that. I'm not going to pull the soprano card here, although it's TOTALLY acceptable to pull, but instead am going to comment on the number of people auditioning. It's really growing! Ohio Light said they had over 400 people auditioning for 32 slots, and 16 of those auditionees were Ohio Light alumns. So really, only 16 slots. Probably only 4 sopranos. 4 out of probably 350. Yeah. Sucks.

Oh well. Can't let a couple of "no thank yous" get me down. I know I got what it takes.

4 Comments:

  • Have you ever sung Isolde in Wagner's masterpiece, Tristan und Isolde. Now that's a great role.

    By Blogger My Daily Struggles, at 1:00 PM  

  • yeah, baby, chin up. think of two things:

    a) ICE CREAM COMPETITION
    b) where's your summer gonna be spent? oh, yeah, that's right. eating my delicious low-cal cooking in NEW YORK CITY. i just got a little excited.

    By Blogger Robert, at 1:04 PM  

  • Me? Isolde? Only when I was 18! Wagner is sooooo for beginners.

    By Blogger Hilary, at 1:08 PM  

  • Hey this will be my third season with OLO, and to make you feel better, it is hard to get in because there are very few slots open due to the high return of company members. It is a great place so try again.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home