Snippets from Science

Thursday, December 08, 2005

And the Jury Says...

"To dream that you are choking someone, signifies feelings of aggression. You may also be trying to prevent something from being said or revealed. Choking dreams are often a fearful experience and it is not uncommon for dreamers to awaken from them."

Yes, folks, apparently I am concealing aggression, because last night I had a dream that I choked an elderly woman to death. That's right. I'm a murderess. Morbidity abounds! In the dream, she was trying to kill me, so I had to choke her, by DROWNING HER IN A BATHTUB, mind you, in order to save myself. Then, she rose from the dead and was after me again when I awoke in a panic. It was only 12:30. Still 7 hours left until I had to get up from work. What the hell?
I was so exhausted when I woke up that I had to literally pry my eyes open to try and stay awake. I guess in my half-awake, half-asleep state, I thought this old bat was in my room, ready to wring my neck. Eventually, I couldn't fight it, and I feel back asleep, but I woke up 4 more times during the night, unable to get comfortable.

Does this dream really mean that I'm hiding aggression? Normally I get all my aggression out when I'm driving. Just ask Dan the chef. But I can honestly say, I don't think I'm holding anything back right now. I did go to a body combat class at my gym last night, where I punched and kicked the air for an hour straight (mama's sore today). Maybe that translated into me killing someone?

Who knows. Why couldn't I have had a nice flying dream, or a dream where I get to make out with an ex-boyfriend or Joaquin Phoenix? I like those dreams.

6 Comments:

  • wait wait wait...this is you CONCEALING aggression?

    By Blogger Robert, at 6:53 AM  

  • Nice. Real nice christmas spirit, Hilary. at this rate, can i expect that you've hidded razor blades in needy Laneeka's little outfits and underwear?

    By Blogger Jessica, at 8:09 AM  

  • In that case, I'm in The Shining.

    By Blogger Hilary, at 11:28 AM  

  • maybe it's about you trying to conceal your pregnancy. oops!

    By Blogger Ratface, at 8:24 AM  

  • oops!!! ha ha ha. laughing out loud!

    By Blogger George Lam, at 11:17 AM  

  • You won't be laughing when you're called "daddy", George. Congrats! We've 7 months to go.

    By Blogger Hilary, at 11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home