Snippets from Science

Monday, December 05, 2005

Dear Amtrak,

Why are your prices so high? And why are they so random? Amtrak, I was looking up prices for tickets at the end of January- Baltimore-NYC, round trip. How is it, Amtrak, that leaving on a Friday at 10:00 AM will cost me $93.00 one way, but coming back on Saturday at 6 PM is only $60.00? And, Amtrak, if I wanted to use your services to go to NYC for New Years Eve, I would have to shell out roughly $250.00 round trip. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I fly my own plane for that price.
I realize you have to raise your costs because the goverment doesn't give you as much money as they once did. But, honestly, it's not worth all that. True, your serivce is better than say, Greyhound. But until I make more money, I'll have to take cheap over service.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home