Snippets from Science

Friday, November 25, 2005

Um, yes.


"The only thing hotter than Joaquin Phoenix is Joaquin Phoenix as Johnny Cash".
That is the truest thing I've heard all day...possibly all week. And Robert hasn't even seen Walk the Line yet.
I, however, did see it, and I'm here to tell you that it is good. So Citypaper can eat it. Now, I have to admit, I've not read any autobiographies, or biographies, or any books period about Mr. Cash. I only know that I've liked his music ever since I heard it.
Walking about of the theater, Wren and I were talking about our "first times", in reference to hearing Johnny. He said he first started listening to John in college..with a bunch of "good 'ol boys" from Connecticut. Ha. I said I first starting listening to him in college too. I had a friend named Ben, a bass baritone, who did a dead-on J.C. impression...he always sang Ring of Fire, and the ladies would swoon. Kind of like the real Mr. Cash. I also told Wren I remember listening to Johnny every couple of weeks to and from Pittsburgh my senior year of college. I was in a choir in the 'burgh, and carpooled with a group of fellow singers. Every week my friend Paul drove, we listened to Johnny Cash's Greatest Hits. Of course, "Boy Named Sue" is a favorite.
While the movie primarily focused on his love life, I thought it did a decent job at depicting his addictions. I'm no critic- I know what I like and what I don't. And I like Mr. Phoenix and Mr. Cash. (And for the record, Reese Witherspoon can SANG). Especially Mr. Phoenix as Mr. Cash.

4 Comments:

  • Haha..oh he is. Although I still loved hin in Gladiator. I love him in anything. I would love him in Seasame St. GOD I need a date.

    By Blogger Hilary, at 3:46 PM  

  • I did NOT see Ladder 49, although it was filmed here. And a friend of mine saw him walking down the street.

    By Blogger Hilary, at 6:57 PM  

  • it was me! we made out a little bit.

    By Blogger chiquita yellow gold, at 1:24 AM  

  • my word verification was just "aocpaoop". it almost spells poop.

    By Blogger chiquita yellow gold, at 1:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home