Snippets from Science

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Weekend Update

For the first time in a long time, I feel like I had a well-rounded weekend. I didn't have to travel anywhere for an audition, or work a gala. Friday night I had dinner with friends, saw Peabody's opera, and then hit Brewer's Art for beers afterwards. It felt like old times. I stayed out till 1:30 AM! Woohooo!! This excitement should be an indicator as to how routine my life has become.
Saturday I slept in until 10 (again, WOOHOO), and took my time getting out of bed. I went for a nice, long walk in the crisp weather, stopped by my church's Christmas bazaare (for cookies), and grocery shopped and cooked. And went to bed at 10:30. Today, after churchie, I went shopping with Dan, where we both lucked out in the shoe and the Mom-Christmas-gift departments, and then went to a pre-Thanksgiving dinner with Ashley. Funny...we barely knew the host of the party, but I felt more comfortable in that social situation than I do in situations where I know most everyone! I dont know..it was just really nice. Young, intelligent, politically knowledgeable people, talking about music, movies, college, and food. It was refreshing to be able to talk to a room of complete strangers and have a really good time. Not to mention good food. God I love this time of year.
Give it up for a 3-day work week!

3 Comments:

  • OH Jay. Do I look like a conservative to you? Hello! Beer+church= Episcopalian. We even have keggars for major feast days.

    By Blogger Hilary, at 5:52 AM  

  • I had a great time with you guys Friday night!! Happy thanksgiving!

    By Blogger Jessica, at 7:40 AM  

  • yeah, and you can't even buy beer on sundays in the south. blasphemy. is THAT what jesus would have done?http://jesusdance.ytmnd.com/

    By Blogger chiquita yellow gold, at 8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home