Snippets from Science

Monday, November 14, 2005

What's Happening?

This article is pretty right-on, for the most part. However, I don't necessarily agree with the fact that Young Artist programs favor ligher voices. It's been my experience, which is only 3 years' worth (not very long in the opera field), that lighter voices like mine are not usually selected for the larger Young Artist Programs. They also don't select BIG voices (which is the basis of the article). So, if these programs are in fact picking lighter voice singers, I should be in the running. Right? Riiiiiiiight.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/11/13/arts/music/13midg.html?pagewanted=4

2 Comments:

  • seriously. if that's true why ain't my faggot ass gettin' hired?

    bitches.

    By Blogger Robert, at 9:32 AM  

  • you fucking got me. they're looking for voices that a JUST right. goldicocks.

    By Blogger chiquita yellow gold, at 4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home