Snippets from Science

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Abrakadabra

I just saw Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire a week before it's offical release. How? Why?, you ask. Because as an original member of the glitterati of Baltimore, I am entitled to such things. Invited, even. And because I won a free pass through the Citypaper. Mmmmkay?

It was really good...a bit long, for a Saturday morning post-gala, but good. I won't spoil anything for all of you peons who have to wait until it's offically in theaters, but it stays pretty true to the book. Or what I can remember of the book. I read Goblet when it first came out, so I was a little rusty on remembering what happens when the movie first started.

There was an interesting contingent of people present at the Senator theater this morning. Kids, parents, adults, teens, elderly, and all in between. City folk, country folk, yuppie folk, and suburbanites. I could have done without all the up-and-down, back-and-forth trips to the bathroom, but I guess that's what happens when you feed children soda at 10 AM.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home