Snippets from Science

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Hotness in Hanover?

Last night, for first time in 4 years, I went out on Thanksgiving Eve. Typically, I avoid this night at all costs, because I hate making forced small talk with old high school mates. Also, I'm not 21, so binge drinking is a thing of the past. In case you didn't know, TG Eve is the biggest drinking night of the year...bigger than New Years Eve.
Somehow Ashley persuaded me to go out with she and her friend Adam. We went to the only decent bar in town- Kclingers. As far as bars go, it's really nothing special. But, as far as Hanover goes, it's cool. Mainly because of the beer selection. They have something like 50 beers on tap, and hundreds by bottle. For Hanover, PA, that is really something. And Kclingers isn't new...I don't know how long it's been open, but it's not riding some sort of worldly beer popular wave. Worldly beer popular wave? What the hell am I saying?
At any rate, we went to Kclingers, and lo and behold, there was a definite contingent of hot guys there. In fact, a rather large contingent of single, hot, straight guys all in one place...in Hanover, PA. This is huge! As the night progressed, so did the hotness factor. I was shocked. I don't think I've seen that number of hot, straight guys in one place since the Brew Pub days in college. Certainly not in Baltimore. It was very strange. "Where were all these guys when I was in high school?", I asked my sister. "I don't know, but they are all here now!", she said. Indeed they were. I just might have to visit Kclingers the next time I'm in town...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home