Snippets from Science

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Sally McPlanpants

Just call me Miss Planny Plannerson. At least, Robert calls me that. Or something like that. He refers to me as the gal with the plans because I need to have things planned to make my life feel on schedule. When I was in school, there was a schedule for everything- class, rehearsals, performances, even partying. We always knew what time we'd head out to parties, bars, football games, couch burnings. So that structure was established years ago, and I guess it's something I still need. Now, that's not to say I can't be spontaneous. I wouldn't exactly pack up and go sky diving at a moment's notice (or ever), but I'm up for the last minute invite from time to time.
However, in general, I enjoy my life to be on the calendar. So I know what's coming/what to wear/how much I can eat/how many extra sit-ups I should do. Being that it is the holiday season, there are a million and one things to do. Concerts, craft shows, parties, momument lightings, restaurants. There are defiantely things to do in our fair city.
My social calendar is plesantly full at the moment. This weekend, I'll be attending the opening night showing of "Brokeback Mountain" (I like to make it seem like I was invited or something, but really it's just at the Charles), and several parties. I will also attend a jazzzzzzzzzz concert to see Dan play, a craft show, and sing several gigs- including LESSONS AND CAROLS AT ST. DAVIDS, SUNDAY, 5 PM. Next week is my office Christmas party, fun at Sonar, fun at Pazo, some Fells Point Christmas fest, and I think I may go hear the Maryland Boys Choir perform. Then it's Christmas, New Years, and BAM- January.
So you see, if you think of your life in terms of a schedule, things fall into place. You know what you can and can't do. At least, that's how I like my life.

4 Comments:

  • haha, he's right. you do do that. (a week or 2 in advance), "so we have to go to Brewer's next Thursday. 9, which means we'll leave around 8:45, so i better start getting ready at 8:15"

    By Blogger Ratface, at 6:57 AM  

  • a week or two, ashli? um, hilary started talking about reservations for our trip to pazo (next weekend) in MID OCTOBER. she was like, "so date for pazo. december 17th." i was like, "um...lemme check my calendar...yep it's free." crazy. crazy i say.

    By Blogger Robert, at 7:14 AM  

  • Hilary, I plan also. Just call me P. George McPlannerson.

    By Blogger George Lam, at 8:27 AM  

  • plan on this - throwing one off at brokeback mtn. saw a sneak preview this weekend, and i had to go home to change. i said, goddamn.

    By Blogger chiquita yellow gold, at 3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home