Snippets from Science

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Helmand, I cheated on you

My favorite restaurant in Baltimore is The Helmand. Hands down. For the value, you won't find better service, food, or atmosphere. Now, I haven't been out to eat in Baltimore in a year, so perhaps some new joints have opened up, but as far as I'm concerned, The Helmand is still where it's at. I've been looking for a decent Afghani place in New York- there are very few- and went here last night. The verdict? Me likey. Me likey a lot. If you're over sushi and Thai for the week, you should really give this a whirl. The price is right (we did the dinner for 2, at $38), and the amount of food is really something else. In fact, the waitress refused to bring us our tea and desserts (included in the price) until we finished every piece of lamb and every spoonfull of basatami rice on the entree plates. I didn't even have room for the rice pudding- not to mention the fact that it's still Lent, so I can't eat it anyway- after all of the meat we ate. The prix fixe dinner included: soup, 2 appetizers, the entree (which was really two different entrees), tea/coffee, and dessert. That's a friggin' deal. Plus, the company wasn't so bad either. ;)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home