Snippets from Science

Friday, March 16, 2007

Me sing pretty one day

I'm doing a concert with Voices of Ascension next week, and I must say- I'm pretty jazzed. My church gig is AT the Church of the Ascension, the same venue where Voices performs, but the two groups are not related. Although they share some of the same members, they're seperate. I was pretty excited when I learned that my director (the same for both groups) wanted me to do this concert next week. I was even more jazzed (I'm also trying to see how many times I can type "jazzed") when I learned that part, if not all, of the program will be recorded on the Naxos label.
Apparently, one of the pieces we are doing- the cornerstone of the concert, in fact- has only been performed once; in 1911. It's a piece for piano, organ, and choir, by Granados. (The entire concert features music by Catalan composers). The piece was apparently lost, then recovered, and the pianist interested in performing this work specializes in Granados. He is on the Naxos label, so in turn, we will be on the Naxos label. Pretty sweet, right?
I guess this concert will be attended by important Spanish people, and I think one of our rehearsals will be featured on the Barcelona news. So if anyone is headed to Barcelona next week, tune in for sure.

2 Comments:

  • that'th tho exthiting. i LOVE compotherth from catalan.

    By Blogger Robert, at 8:12 AM  

  • Ooooh spanish people.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home