Snippets from Science

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Mais oui

OK, so it turns out, my dream vacation to the south of France just might become a reality. Renting a house with a group of people really IS affordable. Take this property, for example: during peak time, the cost is $778.15 for one week. It sleeps 5 people. That works out to be $155.63 per person. FOR THE ENTIRE WEEK. It's two hours south of Paris, in wine country, with gads of lovely outdoor activities. You can wake up and go for a hike, take the train into Paris, or just get wasted all day on a lovely Chablis. Seriously- does that not sound amazing? A week in France vs. one night in a New York hotel- and not even a nice one.

So, my friend Lauren and her hubby, who live in the U.K., also happen to love this French holiday idea. We also got our other good friend from college, Beckie, to hop onboard, and along with her mans, that makes 5. (Notice how I'm dateless. Do I care? Not at all. I'll be in France for God's sake. Unless, of course, by some miracle, one of the millions of first dates I go one actually works out. Then maybe I'll have a travel partner. But I digress.) We're aiming for May or June of 2008. That gives me a year to start saving up. I'm thinking we do a week in wine country, and a week in the south of France. If I'm careful, and don't spend all of my money on beer here in New York, this could work.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home