Snippets from Science

Monday, February 19, 2007

Someday

I've found my dream vacation- and it's totally affordable. Now, all I need is a better-paying job, a boyfriend, and an updated passport. Ok, I guess I don't really need a boyfriend, but if I'm going here for a week and sharing the joint with other friends, ONE of them better be sleeping with me.

Just browse through this site and see how affordable it really is to rent a house in France. If you have a group of friends who you can tolerate for a week in a country house, I really can't think of a better vacay. The airfare would cost more than the house. And in a lot of these small villages, you shop for fresh produce and eggs daily, and can even have bread delivered. Bread. Delivered. Want to ski? Go to the southwest of France in the winter. Is summer more your speed? Rent a joint in Nice with a pool and kick baaaaaaack.

Can you imagine sitting around a table every night, with bottles of wonderful French wine, a home-cooked dinner, and great conversation? Talk about the complete opposite of New York City.

Dang.

3 Comments:

  • FINE. You can sleep with Nikki. Just ignore the red blinking light in the corner.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:10 PM  

  • ahem, last time i checked we had no shortage of wine, tables, good cooking, and conversation...

    By Blogger Robert, at 8:44 AM  

  • omg. ryan. classic.

    By Blogger Jessica, at 7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home