Snippets from Science

Monday, February 12, 2007

I like 'em beardy

Friday night's rock show at the Bowery Ballroom provided some choice celeb. viewing. First up, Sufjan Stevens. I never would have recognized him if Bucket wouldn't have pointed him out- he now has a giant beard. Still cute, but much better looking clean-shaven. Next up, Adrien Grenier of Entourage fame. Also pretty dreamy, and also pretty scruffy. I walked past him several times before I actually believed it was him. Aren't celebs supposed to be surrounded by gorgeous people at all times? Cause his friends looked pretty normal. They kind of looked like me and my friends. So then why can't we be friends? WHY CAN'T WE?!?!

Anyway.

After Midlake rocked the ballroom, I headed out to meet up with some other friends. This is my second 3:30 AM Friday night in a row, and I'm still feelin it. Apparently, age 22 is the cutoff for such regular shenanagins. I have yet to catch up on the sleep I missed and I'm not interested in beer for another few days. What the hell? I used to be made of steel.

Saturday night, Nakia and I went to the Met to see Jenufa. Admittedly, I knew nothing about this opera. We had great seats, albeit the house was half empty, and it was quite an intense performance. The music wasn't really my cup of tea, but the acting and singing were very effective. Being that I mostly sing comic/non-dramatic roles, I'm always very impressed with singers who spend the entire 3 hours pouring their souls out while singing glorious high notes. Oh, and apparently Ms. Fleming was in the audience.

I love New York.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home