Snippets from Science

Monday, February 05, 2007

Ja, ich wuerde gerne ein paar deutsche Biere dieses Wochenende trinken.

So, I went here on Friday and I had a lot of these.
I've said it before and I'll say it again- the Germans and the Belgians do the best beer. Hands down. With its amber-mahogany coloring and streaked with fine top-fermenting yeast, this beer has a fine, persistent head that adheres well to the glass. It is pleasantly spicy with a typical top-fermented smell. An arome of clove and nutmeg apple tantalizes the nose. On the tongue it is fresh, clean, full-bodied, harmonious and well-balanced. It finishes lightly sparkling with a light and fine bitterness.

(I can't take credit for the description of the beer, although I wholeheartedly agree.)
I'm trying to decide if my liver and stomach are up for more German debauchery this weekend...my guess is yes.

1 Comments:

  • i was thinking-you totally didn't write that description did you?

    and you forgot about iron city being one of the best beers. cause they use water from the monongahela

    By Blogger Ratface, at 8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home