Snippets from Science

Friday, February 02, 2007

Shake that Laffy Taffy

Oh. My. God.

I AM SO EXCITED.

At my absolute demanding request, my sister applied to be a back-up dancer for Girl Talk's Las Vegas show. If you don't know about Girl Talk, you should. (Actually, most of you probably won't care, except for Robert and maybe Bucket and probably Nakia.) AANNNNYYYWAAYYYY, she applied to be a back-up dancer for Girl Talk- a perfect job for the ridiculous gal that she is. I told her that everytime I listen to the album, I start laughing on the subway, in the gym, at work, pretty much wherever I am, imagining her in a denim jumpsuit and wig, shakin' her thing to Girl Talk on stage in front of 7,000 people. Well, SHE GOT THE GIG.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She just called me at work, and we both did the "Ryon Silent Scream" on the phone, equally freaking out at how fucking awesome this is.

Here are the deets:
This will be a 7,000 person concert, and we will be opening for Kanye West, Gnarls Barkley, Spank Rock, and Lupe Fiasco. (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
The majority of the audience is likely to be very stiff and not wanting to get down at this point in the show. It will be a ton of people staring at you. This will be outrageous, but I do not want it to be goofy.
Meaning, I don't want you to go out there and do an overstated running man, laughing for 20 minutes. I want people who are high energy but be very serious about it the entire time (regardless of how ridiculous
the situation is).
This show is for Chinese national TV, and there will be 200 Chinese diplomats there.

WHAT????????

There is not content that is allowed to be sexual or drug-related. So for your costumes and dance moves and everything else, I want it to be fun, but you have to stay "notsexual" as much as possible. They told me I can't take off any clothes.



Well, I have no idea how she's going to pull off "not being ridiculous", but I have absoulte faith that if anyone can tear this shit up, it's my little sister. Shake your laffy taffy, girl! (In a non-sexual way, of course.)

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home