Snippets from Science

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

I must be a fool...

...because I'm considering doing this on Saturday. My friend, and warm weather running partner, is begging me to be on her team. Me. The girl who hasn't run outside since October, and very rarely uses the treadmill at the gym. I would say I haven't run more than 2 miles at one time in 5 months. And I'm supposed to run 4 on Saturday morning? Foolish.
However, I need something to kick my ass. I've been pussing out big time at the gym, using the excuse that I walk 10 minutes there and 10 minutes back, so I can afford to shave 20 minutes off of my cardio. Yeah right. Nice try, Hils. Summer ain't too far away, and given the fact that NYC is a disgusting, sweltering hellhole for 4 months out of the year, I don't want to look like a pig. Plus I need to look cute on my new bike, to make up for the fact that I'm going to resemble a 6-year-old when I first start riding.
If I'm wheelchair-bound next week, you'll know why.

2 Comments:

  • oh dear god i thought you got rid of the bike idea.

    i worry. my sister insists on riding a bike in the city and it seems like nothing but a death wish.

    By Blogger Robert, at 1:25 PM  

  • the last time i rode a bike...3 1/2 years ago...i fell off. the whole time.

    By Blogger Ratface, at 2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home