Snippets from Science

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Break Time

I'm in the process of trying to get a promotion of sorts at work. It's a rather complicated process, so I won't go into detail, but BWIBTD (bonus points if anyone but John and Bucket knows what THAT means), is that I have to prove that I'm doing more significant tasks in order to be bumped up the pay scale. So, in addition to completing more time-sensitive tasks and keeping on top of my boss's daily schedule, I'm doing more work on the whole. It's good; I like being kept busy, as the day goes by a lot faster. But it also is allowing me to see how people work 9 and 10 hour days in New York. Not that I have nearly that much work- I don't- but I actually feel important and essential. I think that's a good thing.

So, forgive me if I don't have time to write about trivial goings on (goings-on?) that you really probably don't care about anyway- I'm working.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home