Snippets from Science

Friday, September 01, 2006

Dangover

I'm experiencing a delayed hangover- yes, a dangover. Has anyone else had this problem? Over the past few months, when I've been housed (which isn't all that much), my hangover doesn't actually kick in and start making me feel like complete shit until around noon the next day. One of my co-workers suggested that maybe I was still drunk when I woke up this morning. But then again, he is also hungover.
I never used to get hangovers. I would always make sure I went to bed sober, or almost sober. That way, I could wake up, a little slow, but without a headache or a churning stomach. I thought that getting older/gaining more experience meant being more resilient to the likes of alchohol. I guess not.
Needless to say, I had a good time on last night's date. As I was approaching the bar where we met, I called Bucket in a panic and said, "I'm so nervous I might throw up." He laughed and said, "Just do what I do. Turn around and leave." Luckily, my date was just as nervous as me, and pointed out shortly thereafter that the worst part was over. "Thank God you're not actually 40 years old", he said. Ha. Good- he's funny.
Dating in New York isn't really like dating anywhere else- everyone has a back story, everyone has been a million places, and everyone is looking to connect with someone. I don't think I met my future husband last night, but I definately made a new connection. And that connection likes to party.

*ow...my head*.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home