Snippets from Science

Monday, August 28, 2006

She's Having A Baby

After an overcast, but very relaXing weekend at the shore, I now know 5 women who are going to have babies next winter and spring. FIVE. There was a time, about 2 weeks ago, when I only knew 2 women having babies in the spring- my cousin and my sister-in-law. (Yes, that's right- I'M GOING TO BE AN AUNT!!!!!) But now, I've learned that one of my closest friends will give birth before my actual niece or nephew is born, along with 2 other ladies close to my age who already have children. Allllll within a month or two of each other. Is there something in the water?
Now, don't get me wrong- I think kids are great. They are cute, and then there's that whole carrying-on-the-bloodline thing, and I'm especially excited for my little niece or nephew so I can shower the kid with useless gifts and buy him or her cool baby stuff from New York. But, after spending my shore weekend with a 3 year old (a SICK with a cold 3 year old), I'm quite certain that children are no where near my immediate future. How do these moms my age do it? Seriously. When I was watching Eli (the 3 year old) this weekend, I felt as though I was stripped of any freedom. He was pretty much refusing to finish his hot dog, but his dad insisted that he eat the entire thing. So, while he dad was showering, I had to make sure Eli ate the damn thing. The hot dog that had been sitting outside for about 30 minutes, and then sat on every table surface from the Florida room to the front porch, with tiny bites being taken inbetween screams and running. Ew.
So my hat is completely off and thrown across the room to Moms- especially younger moms. To display that degree of unselfishness is really amazing. I know I couldn't do it- so better you than me!

1 Comments:

  • Note to friends: Stop breeding.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home