Snippets from Science

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Shadey

I'm really against wearing sunglasses on the subway. I see it every day, and every day, it annoys me just a little bit more. First of all, it's not sunny underground. Ever. I guarantee it. Secondly, not being able to see where the sunglass-wearer is looking is creepy. How do I know that dude sportin' the Oakleys isn't sizing me up so he can take my purse and dignity? Well, what's left of it. The dignity, that is.
I just think it looks ridculous. A) It's not "cool" to wear sunglasses indoors anymore. Top Gun was filmed in 1986. B) Jack Nicholson is the only celeb. who always wears shades. No one I have seen on the subway is even remotely Nicholson-esque. C) The people who refuse to move their lunettes de soliel always have the most unplesant looks on their faces.
Case closed.

1 Comments:

  • i wear my sunglasses on the subway because my hands are full, there's nowhere good to put them when i take them off, and i'll just have to get them back out again when i come out of the subway. and...well, i don't really care what the other people on the train think.

    so there!

    By Blogger Robert, at 8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home