Snippets from Science

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Dammit I want some FroYo.

So in order to lose the 5 lbs I've gained, and then another 5 after that, I've started Weight Watchers again. I had great success with the program before, so I know it works. This time, I'm doing it online because it's cheaper, and because I never know when my amazing social life will beckon me to go do something other than attend a meeting. I'm also trying the Core plan this time, rather than the Flex points. Core is different from Flex in that there is no counting- even though the foods HAVE point values, you don't add anything up with Core. The idea is to eat as many fruits, vegetables, lean meats, whole grains, and light dairy as it takes you fill you up. Sounds good, in theory- more food, right?
Well, it's only my second day on this plan and I'm already feeling tired and carb-less. I've been anti-low-carb for a long time. I still am. However, I feel the Core plan will help kick my ass into gear by screaming at me to not have a cupcake.
The good thing about WW is that you CAN have treats- in moderation. Currently, I'm saving up my flex points for Springers Ice Cream and Mike Hunte's french fries this weekend at the shore.
So even though I'm not 100% thrilled with the chick pea and spinach curry I just ate (although, it was tastey), and even though I really wanted the grilled flat bread that came along with it (but I said no!), I know that I'm doing the right thing for my body. I told myself I'd try Core for a month. After that, I can switch to the Flex plan if I want to, hopefully keeping in mind that I don't need empty calories just because I have the points saved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home