Snippets from Science

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Kept

Man it's good to be a student around here. There are weekly lab lunches, sometimes 2 seminars per week, and monthly departmental meetings. There is always a plethora of food at these meetings. I'm talking fully-catored meals- complete with sodas and dessert. Today's menu is sandwiches, a variety of side salads, and cookies. But that's definately not the best I've seen- I've seen the hallway lined with tables boasting every kind of Chinese food you can imagine, or several different kinds of pasta from Sabatinos, or a taco bar (gross), or salads and wraps; the list goes on. When I was a student, we never had food at meetings. And if we did, it's because we bought it and brought it ourselves. We did get brown bag lunches on University Choir trips- but the sandwiches were usually kind of crappy and the rolls were soggy.


OH- a side note. I HATE HATE HATE it when people refer to themselves in a conversation. And by refer to themselves, I mean they use the phrase "Listen to me". Par example: "I went to the store yesterday and bought 4 packages of oreos...4! LISTEN TO ME. I meant 2. 4! Can you imagine? LISTEN TO ME! FOUR!". I can't say that's an actual quote. I'm lost for an honest to God quote right now because I hate it so much, but you get the point. Listen to me? You need to remind me to listen to you when you are the one doing the talking? ARGHHHHHHHGHGHAHAGHHAAGGHHGHH!! I really hate that. And it's totally different when someone uses the phrase "listen to me" when they are being serious- or if they have something very important to tell you. That's acceptable..we all do that. But the self-righteous "listen to me" is NOT acceptable and frankly, it makes me want to punch the person in the face.

Back to the issue at hand. It is good to be a student around here- not only because you are getting a degree from a major top notch Medical school, but also for the food. Mostly for the food, in my case. Since I'm not becoming a doctor. Although I've thought about it- I might want to be an ENT. I certainly know enough about sinus infections. Probably not, though- I already owe too much money for 2 years of grad school..plus I suck at math.

1 Comments:

  • joke's on you--they're giving you a medical degree when you leave and you didn't even know you were taking classes.

    By Blogger Robert, at 10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home