Snippets from Science

Monday, October 03, 2005

Fall Fun

Autumn is definately my favorite season. I love the weather, although I could do without the allergies and cold that come along with the change, I love the colors, the crispness in the air, the early evenings, and the pitch black nights. I love pumpkins, squash, apples, and chunky sweaters. I love Halloween and Thanksgiving, and hayrides. I also love college football...mainly WVU football, but I'll watch almost any game. Such was the case this weekend, when my fall fun began with the Penn State/Minnesota game.

I went up to State College with Roger and Wren, 2 friends of mine from high school, and Wren's girlfriend, Erin. Roger is a PSU alumn, so his parents have season tickets. We went up Sat morning, arrived a little after noon, and tailgated for several hours before the game. It was great- beer, BBQ, and perfect weather. The game itself was a lot of fun too- PSU kicked Minnesota's ass- I think PSU will now be ranked- and the 106,000 fans were pretty jazzed. I can only imagine what the town was like later that night. Probably similar to Morgantown, where many-a-couch was burning. But we won't talk about the WV/VATech game. *Tear*

Fall fun continued on Sunday, with Robert, Ashely, my mom, and myself heading to the Apple Harvest Festival in PA. It was beautiful outside, but let's be honest- the real reason we went was for the food. Pit beef, funnel cakes, and apple crisp- does it get any better? Only if there were kegs.

A great way to kick off October. Next up: pumpkin picking and a haunted house.

2 Comments:

  • chunky sweater love.

    By Blogger Robert, at 8:21 AM  

  • It just cold cold here this week.

    I don't really like cold weather but I like how the trees look.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home