Snippets from Science

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Just Call Me Jane Fonda

Last night, Nakia and I went to the Canton Merritt Athletic Club for the release of Body Step 60. Body Step is a step aerobics class, but with a concentration on toning as well as cardio. It's a great workout.
At any rate, we went to this launch class in Canton, and I'm SOOO glad I didn't go alone. I used to hate working out, even though I spent the better part of my childhood in a leotard and tights. (I was a dancer, you sickos.) But a few years ago, after I decided to lose the extra 30 lbs. I had been gaining since high school, I made fitness a crucial part of my life. Now, if I go several days without hitting the gym or running, I feel lazy and guilty. That being said, I don't go to the gym to cruise or check out the mens. I go to get my sweat on and stay in shape. I'm also pretty sure that no guy is ever cruising me at the gym, so we're even.
At the Canton gym, it feels more like a meat market than a work out. TONS of good-looking people in every direction. I'm not really sure how some of those ladies are in such good shape, when all they appear to be doing is standing around looking hot. Oh well- guess it just comes easier for some!
The class was great, and the change of pace was nice, but I think I'll stick to my home gym- the DAC. I prefer to be a lady among gents who cruise gents, and if that one hot straight guy (or the unicorn, as Robert says) is working out, I'll suck it in and smile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home