Snippets from Science

Monday, July 11, 2005

People Suck

This morning marked the second time in two years that my car has been broken into. Only this time, no window was broken, and nothing was stolen. The contents of my glove box were emptied onto the passenger seat, and (thankfully) the Messiah vocal score on the back seat remained untouched. I thought that moving to a safer, nicer neighborhood would act as a shield against the crimes of downtown. Apparently I was wrong. You can't escape it.
Virtually everyone I know in this city has experience some form of car vandalization- most of those, break-ins. That feeling of being totally violated is awful. I really don't make much money- just enough to get by. My car is 10 years old, my apartment is cheap, and I live from paycheck-to-paycheck. How am I a victim? I don't have enough to be a victim. But I guess having an old car and an I-POD makes me a target. Sucks.

4 Comments:

  • man, you're lucky that the handel gang from roland park didn't get your score! they got me - it was the last time i ever sang handel. wait...

    gimme all yo' counterpoint!

    By Blogger chiquita yellow gold, at 10:49 AM  

  • Truly, this article is really one of the very best in the history of articles. I am a antique ’Article’ collector and I sometimes read some new articles if I find them interesting. And I found this one pretty fascinating and it should go into my collection. Very good work.
    sell my car brisbane
    cash for scrap cars brisbane

    By Blogger Max Cash For Cars, at 9:29 PM  

  • Really very happy to say, your post is very interesting to read. Local Cash for Car is a licensed auto removal company that buys all types of used, junk, scrap, broken, and damaged vehicles for as much as up to $8,999 car removal sunshine coast.

    By Blogger Local Cash For Cars, at 4:32 AM  

  • Hello! I found your website on google and found it very useful and informative for our business and I also shared your website with my other friends also. BNE Copper Recycling do eco-friendly scrap metal recycling near me and pay you the most competitive prices in the recycling industry. We buy, collect, and recycle your scrap metal and save the planet from the harmful greenhouse gas emanations that are the primary reason behind the ozone layer damage.

    By Blogger BNE Copper Recycling, at 4:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home