Snippets from Science

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

5 Carats

The current debate going on in my office is: if a woman gets engaged, and the engagement is broken, should she give the ring back? I said it depends on the circumtances- if the guy f's up and screws around on me, he ain't gettin SHIT back. But, if it's a mutal parting of ways, or if I am the one breaking it off, then I would give the ring back. Margaret, my co-worker, disagreed with me. She thinks that the ring symbolizes commitment, and I agree, and that when that commitment is broken, the ring should be returned. Margie's comment was "If he screws around on me, FUCK HIM! I'm keepin the ring." Well said, Marge. I couldn't agree more.

2 Comments:

  • i say keep the ring no matter what; use the money you spent selling it on a subscription to match.com or manhunt.net, whichever floats your boat.

    By Blogger Robert, at 9:28 AM  

  • oh no people, you're way off. don't any of you watch judge judy? (grandma calls weekly with co-habitation before matrimony warnings - thanks judy.)the ring is an agreement between two people with the promise of marriage. whoever breaks the promise doesn't get the ring. but, who cares. diamonds are like cars, anyway. once they're off the lot...

    By Blogger chiquita yellow gold, at 5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home