Snippets from Science

Friday, May 20, 2005

Wet child in the city

Now that I have started rehearsals for Washington Summer Opera, I find myself with much time on my hands, inbetween call times. Par example: I had rehearsal last night until 9:30, and then this morning, a meeting at 10. We finished the cast meeting at about 10:45, but I wasn't called again until 4:30. Five hours at Catholic University, with a book that I could finish in 60 minutes. So I decided to hit the Smithsonian, being that it is free, and it only cost me $3.00 on the metro, round trip. Well, the weather was less than desirable today, with sheets of rain and gusts of cold wind whipping across the National Mall. I was soaked by the time I arrived at the Air and Space Museum, and even more horrified when I stepped inside to discover that every middle school child from here to Maine was visiting the Smithsonian today. Now, don't get me wrong- I like kids, if they are well behaved and/or hilarious. But not hundreds of them...and not in gross, wet clothes, running around museums, pushing past me on the stairs. Great form of birth control.
After several hours of aimlessly wondering around museums, with IPOD earphones on to drown out the pre-teen chatter, I needed some coffee. But do you think I could find a Starbucks or (insert independant coffee shop here) that wasn't 10 blocks away in the pouring, cold, rainy weather? That's a no.
So...back to Catholic U, where I downed a Diet Pepsi and nearly belched several times while singing through my aria. Not smart. To make the soaked day even more fun, I sat in 2 hours of traffic coming home- a trip that usually takes 45 minutes. On the way home, I had to stop at the store, where I was (again!) pushed out of the way by some stupid sorostitute who cut me off in the grocery line. Not only did she practically race me to the line, but she was angry because my cart was blocking the area where she was to return her basket. Instead of asking me to put the basket back, which I would have done even though she was a bitchface, she huffed and puffed as she tried to fit around my cart. UGH. Hope those bagel chips and cheese go straight to your thighs, Ms. Black Pants.
So that was my day. Kinda sucky, but makes for good reading material. And now...TV and sleep.

1 Comments:

  • what does a sorority girl need with bagel chips at 9pm on a friday night anyway? fuck her.

    By Blogger Robert, at 3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home