Snippets from Science

Monday, May 09, 2005

Pomp and Circumstance

Congratulations to my younger sister who graduated from college last Friday! Welcome to the real world, Ashley- it sucks.

I stayed at Ashley's apartment on Friday night, since there was no room in the hotel rooms my parents reserved. We stayed up late, playing Go Fish and drinking the remaining crappy beer in her fridge, and it got me thinking about what I did the night before I graduated. The night before, actually, I stayed at the Hampton Inn with my parents, because I had already moved out of my apartment the week before graduation. But TWO nights before graduation, I had fun. I went to the Brew Pub, a favorite spot in Morgantown, WV, with my friend Beckie and a few others I can't remember at this point in time. We drank a few beers, and re-hashed stories of old times. Then I left the Brew Pub and met up with my friend Danno. Danno and I met as freshmen; we lived in the same dorm. I met him at a "White House" party; a house that threw the biggest, craziest parties my freshmen year. Serious events. Anyway, I was crusing some cute boy in a green coat, but I lost track of him in the large crowd of people. Danno, who was standing next to me, promptly introduced himself, and offered to find the green coat cute boy, as I was too short to see over the mass of beer drinkers. I thought that was sweet...so I forgot about green coat, and started talking to Danno. Danno told me that he lived in my dorm, and often ate breakfast at the same time as me..so that's how he recognized me. At first I thought it was a little stalker-ish, but considering I always had 8:00 AM classes, there weren't TOO many people in the dining hall at that time. We became fast friends, and he saw that I got home safely that night, wasted as I was. We started hanging out..he was one of 3 non-music friends I had. I remember going shopping for his Mom's birthday gift, or Mother's Day..one of the two. I really liked Danno, but I knew we were headed to our respective home states for summer break, so what could really happen? Well, we stayed in touch all summer, meanwhile not telling each other we had started to date other people, and when school started again in the fall, our friendship continued. We were friends all throughout undergrad, with an enormous amount of sexual tension between us, but niether of us were ever single at the same time.
Enter graduation week.

That brings me up to date with what I did two nights before graduation. Sparing any details, not that I think Danno would mind, I wont forget my college graduation. Oh..and I guess getting that degree and whatnot was important too.

1 Comments:

  • since hilary didn't give you the details, i will. danno is hung like a BEAR! and, hilary, i love that you actually said that you were "cruising" some guy. you know you hang with too many faggots when...

    By Blogger Robert, at 6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home