Snippets from Science

Friday, October 05, 2007

Good to sea

I spent the morning in Baltimore, gettin' my hair did. I've only had one haircut in New York, and it was outrageously expensive for what it was- a trim. a $100 trim. I had an appointment at Devachan last month, and I was pretty jazzed about that, but I had to cancel it at the last minute because of a gig, and I never got around to rescheduling it. So, back to Zena's I went, where I get my cut and color for the same price as my New York trim. I'll take it!

After Robert made me look like a "young Cindy Crawford" (his words; for real), I met up with Dan for a quick lunch at Thairish. (BTDubs, he's still fine has hell in case anyone was wondering. And by anyone, I mean Robert and Ashley. He has got it goin ON. Anyway...) I haven't walked around Mt. Vernon for a year and a half, so I was surprised to see some new things. A starbucks? Really??? What about Donnas? And some big building across from the big dome church on Charles St. has been torn down. Also, 900 Cathedral St. has been painted and there were no he-hos in sight. Of course, it was 11 AM. Wait a minute, that doesn't matter. I also had to stop into City Cafe for the obligatory coffee; I always really like the coffee there. And remember those cookies?? Too bad they stopped selling them a few years ago. Nakia and I would save all of our WW points for coffee and cookies at the double C. But I digress.

In spite of feeling kind of like a failure for the past few days, I know that everything happens for a reason. (Cheeseball). So, I'll get my game back up to snuff, stay as healthy as I can, lose 7 lbs, and be ready for Army Audition Reprise in a few months.

2 Comments:

  • ooh! a rejuvenating trip back to the ol' stomping grounds! when i was there last month, it felt pretty good to be back and seeing all of the old sights... but it felt even better to get back home. enjoy your time!
    xo,
    andrea

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:49 AM  

  • a) i wasn't wondering; i had no doubts that he'd still be a FINE SLAB OF MAN.
    b) i'm so jealous that you're in our hood!

    By Blogger Robert, at 12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home