Snippets from Science

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

On the watch

Well, it's official- I'm too fat for the Army. How can this be? (I asked myself): I don't eat like shit, I work out, and I walk everywhere. Answer: LIFE. I'm not 22 anymore, I'm not as innocent as I'd like to believe, and I know that I have to work harder than most people to actively lose weight.
I have to lose 10 lbs in order to be Army-ready. My audition is in 2 weeks. There is no way in hell I can lose 10 lbs in 2 weeks. Even if I starved myself, spent 8 hours a day in a sauna, and ran 10 miles a day. It just doesn't work like that. Hence, my extreme frustration with not hearing back from my recruiter for 2.5 weeks. He suggested that I start working out on base (which is 1/2 hour car ride from my apartment), 3 mornings a week (at 5AM) for the next 2 weeks, where they will (almost) literally whip me into shape. I'll pass. IF and WHEN I get offered the job, I'll kick it into high gear. But I don't think stressing myself out even more for a job I may or may not get is worth my sanity.
So for now, I have to ignore the goodies my roommate brings home (she works on Martha Stewart's "Everyday Living", and brings home test recipes). No corn cake or pumpkin roll for me tonight. Eff.

1 Comments:

  • wait a second, your ROOMMATE works for martha????? But I thought YOU were Martha!!

    By Blogger Jessica, at 7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home