Snippets from Science

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Thighs of Steel

I've only been cycling for a week. (Can I call it cycling, when I don't have a road bike? Biking. Maybe biking is better, Although, cycling sounds more athletic; I like that better. I'm sticking with cycling.) It's only been a week, but I've already ridden about 35 miles or so, and it feels really good. 35 miles really isn't all THAT much on a bike, but with a full time job, practicing, and just life, 35 miles is a decent amount; especially for a beginner.

Yesterday, I rode down to Coney Island and back- the whole trip was maybe 15 miles or a bit more, but with all the stopping and starting and picture taking, I was gone for 3 hours. Here's the link to my flickr page, where you can see my photos. My next trip will be to/through the Greenwood Cemetery. Morbid photos to follow.

Other weekend highlights included a trip to Long Beach with Nikki and Ryan, where the weather could not have been better, and the water could not have been more full of seaweed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home