Snippets from Science

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Frustrated Incorporated (again)

You'd think that people are just lined up, banging down the door to join the Army. At least, that's what one would think if one dealt with my recruiter. Admitedly, this office has no idea what they are doing when it comes to dealing with a musician. Everything my recruiter needs to do is clearly outlined on the sheet I gave to him three weeks ago. I don't THINK the sheet is in Greek, but I don't remember- I've done a lot between then and now. It seems pretty cut and dry- take the ASVAB (done- I scored an 85), make travel and hotel arrangements (I've made my hotel arrangements although I might end up walking to Ft. Meade, as this is not my responsibility), and take the MEPS physical (an all-day event). As I previously mentioned, I have to shed a few lbs. to be in my desired weight category. Fine. I've cut back, I've re-introduced running to my crying foot (and lungs), and my ass is in gear, thanks to my bike (no pun intended). I still have no idea exactly HOW much weight I have to lose. And why is that? Because no one will call me back. I put in roughly 4 calls a week (for the last 2 weeks), trying to get an answer, to no avail. Am I to assume I don't have to lose any specific amount, just maintain? Who knows. Am I a total fatass? Not bloody likely- check out some pictures of the first week of boot camp when you get a chance. Compared to some of those kids, I'm like fucking Gisele.

My audition is exactly 3 weeks from today- this will potentially change my life. I think at the very least, that deserves a returned phone call.

5 Comments:

  • hil, there is a WAR going on.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:04 PM  

  • Thanks, Captain Obvious. I had completely forgotten. Cheers!

    By Blogger Hilary, at 5:58 AM  

  • love it. this is hilarious.

    oh, and you are so brave.

    By Blogger Jessica, at 8:00 AM  

  • sorry! that was meant to be tot sarcastic.
    love you!
    andrea

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:39 AM  

  • Dammit. Sign your name, beotch. I thought my blog harrasser was back.

    By Blogger Hilary, at 6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home