Snippets from Science

Monday, September 17, 2007

Let me see you bounce that

My foot STILL hurts from dancing the night away on Saturday. I was lucky enough to get on the house list for the Girl Talk show, a much ancitipated event for me, as he's one of my favorite DJs. Girl Talk is one dude, really, from Pittsburgh, who creates mash-ups of hip hop tunes, classic rock, indie rock, and everything inbetween. He's not a traditional DJ with turntables; I'm pretty sure he just presses "play" on his laptop, and the show starts.



The stage was decorated with a giant inflatable palm tree in one corner and an even bigger inflatable spider in the other. Right before he came on stage, "R U motherf*cking ready?" flashed on the projection screen. The show was great- very high energy, with people bustin' moves left and right on the dance floor. I told Bucket I wanted to hear more filthy hip hop, since that's on a lot of his recorded mash-ups, but alas- it was more of a PG-13 performance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home