Snippets from Science

Friday, September 14, 2007

Now that I'm all caught up with Nip/Tuck...

...I can devote my full attention to The Wire. I've seen episodes here and there over the past 3 or 4 years, but never an entire season. I have no idea why I waited so long to watch the show in succession, but now that I am, I can't get enough.

Several times, on the way to work at Hopkins Hospital, I saw the show being filmed. While it is primarily filmed in the West ghetto, from time to time, they shot in the East. I even met one of the stars when I worked at Charleston- she and her boyfriend came in for dinner and gift certificates. The portrayl of drug and gang wars is dead on (no pun intended); even crime experts agree that The Wire is the best example of what that lifestyle is all about. And we all know that crime, murder, and drugs are rampant in Charm City.

McNutly aside, Stringer Bell is my favorite character on the show.

Ahem.




Now THAT is a fine-lookin' man, not to mention a fine actor. Originally from England, my future husband has many television, movie, and theater credits under his belt. (Insert joke here).

Let's have another look, shall we?




If you aren't already a fan, you will be now.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home