Snippets from Science

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Turns out, I'm not a fatass

First things first- I didn't get the job. In fact, no one got the job. They heard 3 singers and hired none. Oh, and it took all. day.

Thanks to my cold, I couldn't muster up a pleasant-sounding high e, so I sang the Mozart Allelujah instead. Wise choice, I thought, since it has a high c (I rocked it), and lots of coloratura. I sang the prepared pieces fine, nailed the sightreading (I'm modest, really), and the interview was short and sweet. So why wasn't I offered the job? Apparently, they are looking for a pretty specific sound. I knew that this would be the determining factor- this is an ensemble, not a solo gig. Do I think I have the right sound? Yes. Did being sick possibly screw me? Yes. Will I get another shot? I think so. Time will tell...

I had a good cry after I got home, then picked myself up and reminded myself that it's all part of the profession. I audition for a lot of things, all the time. I am not easily discouraged, and I don't give up. But dammit if it isn't terribly frustrating. I'm preaching to the choir.

Oh, and it turns out I wouldn't have had to lose any weight after all. I'm right on target.

6 Comments:

  • Don't forget about Tannhauser auditions tomorrow. I will pick you up at noon.

    By Blogger missnakia, at 6:16 AM  

  • i'm afraid i'm gonna cry after every audition.

    GOOD YOU DON'T HAVE TO STOP DRINKING BEER

    By Blogger Ratface, at 7:26 AM  

  • Do you guys think the Liebestod is too light for me?

    By Blogger Hilary, at 11:51 AM  

  • DICKS! fucking army. fuck them.

    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Liebestod

    lovies,
    christo and andrea

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:56 AM  

  • You wouldn't have gotten in anyways because you're such a raging dyke. Gays in the military and all.

    First beer is on me, luv. Kiss.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1:12 PM  

  • I heard from Samantha about how horrific it was. you guys are braver than me!

    By Blogger Jessica, at 7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home