Snippets from Science

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Nas-Tee

I am so grateful for New York's smoke ban. I was looking forward to it immensely before moving, but now, having gone to a bar or two outside of NY, I'm even more thankful. I find cigarette smoking to be absolutely repulsive. It's a total dealbreaker for me. I don't date smokers, and I really don't know many smokers. The few smokers that I do know are very courteous with their cancer-causing habit, and don't light up in front of my face. But still, it's really gross.
Last night, I went to a bar with some hometown friends for a quick beer. We were only in the bar for an hour, and I was unable to breath, I stunk, and I was just generally disgusted. Also, I couldn't sing this morning. That's when it becomes a real problem for me.
I don't get it- it's not sexy, it's not healthy, and it's not cheap. So why do people do it? For the same reason that I can't control my Christmas cookie intake? I doubt it. Whatever the reason may be, I'm eternally glad that I'm living in a city where I don't have to swallow smoke with my fish.

4 Comments:

  • i KNOW it.

    By Blogger chiquita yellow gold, at 1:25 PM  

  • actually, it's probably very similar to the same reason you can't control your eating of xxxmas cookies.

    By Blogger Robert, at 11:56 AM  

  • i hear that...the one thing i hate about europe is that EVERYWHERE reeks of smoke, and now i do too...

    By Blogger midwest princess, at 8:38 AM  

  • did we tell you about the guy at mr. black that blew smoke in my face? he got gum in his hair.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home