Snippets from Science

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Weddings Get me Hot

Yesterday, I attended the wedding ceremony of my friend Brian- an ooooooold bud from WVU days. Brian is without a doubt one of the nicest people to walk to face of this earth. He is kind, gentle, giving, caring, honest, talented, and I'm sure very loving. In short, he's the ideal husband- plus he's hot.
I was supposed to sing before the ceremony- my friend Jeff and I were scheduled to perform Shepherd on the Rock. I was really excited-I had been getting the piece back into my voice for the last month- even memorized it (it's about 15 mins long)- and was really feeling good about how it was going to sound. Jeff and I (AND Brian and I) have done the piece together before, so it wasn't going to need much rehearsing. As luck would have it, I lost my voice and fell ill a few days before the wedding. No Shepherd. I was pretty upset- I put a lot of time into preparing it, plus I feel very honored when friends ask me to perform for something as special as their wedding. I felt like I was letting him down.
I made the trip to Philly regardless, with MUCH hilarity ensuing thanks to Jeff, and was present for the festivities. First of all, at nearly 350 people, this is definately the biggest wedding I've ever attended. I don't think I even know that many people. The bride is perfect for Brian- she's just as beautiful and nice, and I kind of hated her a little because of it. That and her dress was gorgeous- as was her hair, jewelry, and violin playing. At any rate, as soon as Brian saw his bride making it down the aisle, he started to cry which of course made me lose it. As soon as the groom starts crying, it's all over for me. As I watched Brian go through all the emotions of that day- nervousness, excitment, bliss...I realized how terrifing marriage really is. Now, don't get me wrong- I want to get married. We've covered this. I'd like to be married by 30. I'm not sure if that will happen, but who knows. But the whole production of the wedding ceremony, and the fact that this person is (hopefully) your partner for LIFE is so...REAL. I was never one of those little girls who dreamt about her wedding day her whole life. I still don't know what I want it to be like- big or small? Hanover or NYC? Afternoon or evening? How many in the wedding party? I guess I figure if I don't have too many hopes, there is less chance of being crushed if it doesn't happen.
So, I wish Brian and Hannah MUCH happiness in their life together. (AND congrats to my friends Lauren and Jeremy on their four year anniversary!!). I only hope that when my day of complete terror/excitement/fulfillment comes, I will be half as happy as these couples.

3 Comments:

  • Brian his hot and I will continue to dream about him doing naughty things to me despite him being married. I am bad, bad person.

    By Blogger missnakia, at 3:25 PM  

  • Grace-

    Coop Dawg was wearing a tee shirt, jeans, and cap. Very simple- very hot.
    You do know that he's "gay", right? I know, I know...I don't believe it either.

    By Blogger Hilary, at 5:01 PM  

  • I'm so pleased for Brian. He's a wonderful person and I am sure he found an amazing wife.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home