Snippets from Science

Saturday, May 27, 2006

When Irish Eyes are Smilin'

After a night of drinking my face off and three hours of sleep, I was a site for sore eyes at this morning's hair appointment. My original plan was to go to bed around 11, get a good 9 hours of sleep, and plan my day out after getting a fabulous hair cut. Well that was shot to hell after Sean kept ordering beers, and I figured what the hell. It was a nice night outside, albeit humid, and I was having fun.
Cut to 8:30 this AM, when my alarm started blaring in my ear. I rolled outta bed with make up down my face, and quickly grabbed the cleanest thing on the floor so I wouldn't be late for my fancy salon appointment. After getting lost in SoHo (it's like the Bermuda triangle down there), I found the salon and was right on time. Now, I know I mentioned in a previous post that finding the right hair stylist for we curly heads is essential. I did my homework, read various reviews, and settled on Arte. The salon itself is very modern, but also warm. I changed into a smock, sat down with my water and lemon, and waited to meet my stylist. She talked with me about my hair for a good 15 minutes, before I got a scalp massage as part of the shampoo. She was very knowledgable, took her time, and gave me some good anti-frizz tips.
It was definately the most expensive hair cut I've ever had (still pretty cheap for a good NY salon, at $85), but I'm learning that quality really is better than quantity. The same goes for boys.

4 Comments:

  • So did it look fabulous? I have my last appt with Paula at Zeena's today :( I will miss that!

    By Blogger Florida Opera/Waitress, at 6:57 AM  

  • Yes! The hair cut is good...my hair looks very healthy, and the stylist was very knowledgable.

    By Blogger Hilary, at 7:34 AM  

  • haha, bermuda triangle.

    scott made me feel better on sunday because we went down there and he was like, "every time i come down here i get SO FUCKING LOST." and he's lived here 5 years.

    By Blogger Robert, at 7:39 AM  

  • so when you grabbed the closest thing on the floor you picked up boxer shorts first, right?

    By Blogger Ratface, at 11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home